Love Addict’s relationships can be brief, intense and feel very romantic while being in the relationship. If the addict is in a long term relationship, it can usually be characterized by the roller coaster of emotional highs and lows. There are cases, where the love addict can completely withdraw from romantic or sexual relationships to avoid feelings of vulnerability.
Love Addicts tend to enjoy the feeling of the excitement that being “in love” can bring, which can result in moving quickly and making compulsive decisions early in a new relationship.
2) Orlando Love Addiction Counseling can help you take an inventory of common themes in your relationships (known and unknown to you). Sometimes if we look deep enough there are similarities between our childhood experiences and our choices as an adult. When we discover this pattern, it is no coincidence.
3) Orlando Love Addiction Counseling can help you develop a plan and follow through to become a healthier person in your relationships including a strategic plan to go through a withdrawal period.
CALL LIFE COUNSELING SOLUTIONS TODAY AT 407-622-1770!
- Facing Love Addiction by Pia Mellody
- SLAA Big Book
- Is It Love or Is It Addiction? By Brenda Schaeffer
- Love Addict by Ethlie Vare
- Why We Love by Helen Fisher
- Ready to Heal by Kelly McDaniel
- Recovery Workbook for Love Addicts and Love Avoidants by Susan Peabody