Meet Allison, Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Life’s many transitions, wounds from our past, and pressures in day to day living can lead to feeling unfulfilled and overwhelmed at times. Allison is passionate about encouraging and assisting individuals to live life to their fullest potential.
She believes that humans are resilient and can overcome the obstacles before them with the proper tools, support and mindset. Allison helps motivated individuals like yourself openly explore what holds them back from experiencing a joy-filled life.
In addition to utilizing talk therapy, Allison uses creative arts therapies (art, music, play therapy, etc.), TF-CBT (Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) with children/adolescents and EFT (Emotion Focused Therapy) to help her clients explore their feelings, behaviors and inner dialogue.
Her goal for each client is to help him/her develop coping skills and a plan to move through pain and experience healing.
- Depression: Improving Mood, Stress Management and Treating Depression Symptoms Holistically
- Women’s issues: Postpartum Depression, Low Self-Esteem/Self-Worth, and Overwhelming Pressures and Responsibilities
- Children and Adolescents: Trauma, Behavioral Issues, and Social Skills
- Relationships: Couples in Distress
Trauma- Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
Allison has a heart for counseling children impacted by trauma. She is trained and certified in TF-CBT for children and adolescents. TF-CBT is an evidence-based treatment for children and adolescents impacted by trauma and their parents/caregivers.
Research shows that TF-CBT successfully resolves a broad array of emotional and behavioral difficulties associated with trauma and is superior for improving children’s trauma symptoms and responses compared to other active trauma treatments.
Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
Allison has also received specialized and extensive training in EFT for couples in distress. She supports couples to identify patterns that are no longer helpful while increasing understanding, empathy and connection in their relationship.
Research studies find that 70-75% of couples that engage in EFT move from distress to recovery and 90% show significant improvements.
Education and Experience
Allison is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, and she completed her Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology at Palm Beach Atlantic University. Over the last 7 years, Allison has worked with diverse populations and has assisted families, children/adolescents, individuals and couples in overcoming life’s many challenges. For 6 years, Allison and her husband lived outside of New York City, and she worked in both an outpatient setting and a therapeutic
Articles by Allison
Click below for tips and techniques written by Allison
- 4 Relaxation Techniques To Try With Your Child
- 4 Reasons Why Anxiety Is On The Rise
- 6 Ways To Treat Depression Holistically
- The Importance of Practicing Emotional Hygiene
- How To Treat Your Girlfriend So She Respects You More.
- 4 Signs You’re Dating Emotionally Unavailable Women
- How To Spot And Avoid An Emotionally Unavailable Men
- 3 Lessons You Learn About Love If You’ve Ever Dated An “Ice Queen”
- What To Do When Anxiety Takes Over And You Can’t Think Clearly?
- How to Start Treating Depression & Find the Best Therapist for You
- 5 Reasons to Download Insight Timer Today
- How To Calm Down Your Anxiety Using Grounding Techniques
Please contact Allison today to schedule your initial appointment at
407-622-1770 or [email protected]