Meet Allison, Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Life’s many transitions, wounds from our past, and pressures in day to day living can lead to feeling unfulfilled and overwhelmed at times. The good news is that counseling can help. Allison is passionate about encouraging and assisting individuals to live life to their fullest potential.
Allison believes that humans are resilient and can overcome the obstacles before them with the proper tools, support, and mindset. She also helps motivated individuals like yourself openly explore what holds them back from experiencing a joy-filled life.
Through talk therapy, Allison uses EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), creative arts therapies (art, music, play therapy, etc.), TF-CBT (Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) with children/adolescents as well as EFT (Emotion Focused Therapy) to help her clients explore their feelings, behaviors, and inner dialogue.
Her goal for each client is to help him/her develop coping skills and a plan to move through pain and experience healing.
Specialties about Orlando Children Counseling
- Depression: Improving Mood, Stress Management and Treating Depression Symptoms Holistically
Trauma: Healing from Past Traumas or Other Problematic Life
- Anxiety: General Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Panic and Anger Management
- Women’s issues: Postpartum Depression, Low Self-Esteem/Self-Worth, and Overwhelming Pressures and Responsibilities
- Children and Adolescents: Trauma, Behavioral Issues, and Social Skills
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Allison is trained in EMDR therapy and has found it to be very impactful for individuals dealing with upsetting events in his/her past as well as current triggers. She believes that to live fully in the present, you must first heal from the past.
EMDR is an evidence-based treatment for children, teens, and adults. From premiere residential treatment centers to community mental health agencies to private practices around the world, over 100,000 trained EMDR therapists have helped millions of people reduce suffering and restore hope.
More than 30 positive controlled research studies support the benefits of EMDR for depression, PTSD, anxiety, panic disorders, and more. That’s why EMDR Therapy is endorsed by the World Health Organization, the American Psychiatric Association, and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, among others, for the treatment of PTSD and trauma.
EMDR Therapy offers a flexible and comprehensive approach to understanding and treating the root causes of symptoms. It doesn’t require lots of homework or recounting traumatic experiences in detail.
EMDR can reduce and even eliminate the disturbing thoughts and emotions, and physical sensations associated with difficult past experiences. After treatment, upsetting life events are remembered but now feel more neutral, distant, and “in the past.” They are much less likely to be triggered by reminders in daily life (from connectemdr.com).
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
Allison has a heart for counseling children impacted by trauma. Although, She is trained and certified in TF-CBT for children and adolescents. TF-CBT is an evidence-based treatment for children and adolescents impacted by trauma and their parents/caregivers.
Research shows that TF-CBT successfully resolves a broad array of emotional and behavioral difficulties associated with trauma and is superior for improving children’s trauma symptoms and responses compared to other active trauma treatments.
Education and Experience
Allison is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, and she completed her Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology at Palm Beach Atlantic University. She has worked with diverse populations and has assisted families, children/adolescents, and individuals in overcoming life’s many challenges. For 6 years, Allison and her husband lived outside of New York City, and she worked in an outpatient setting. She has been working in private practice here in the Orlando area since moving back in 2018.
Articles by Allison
Click below for tips and techniques written by Allison
- 4 Relaxation Techniques To Try With Your Child
- 4 Reasons Why Anxiety Is On The Rise
- 6 Ways To Treat Depression Holistically
- The Importance of Practicing Emotional Hygiene
- How To Treat Your Girlfriend So She Respects You More.
- 4 Signs You’re Dating Emotionally Unavailable Women
- How To Spot And Avoid An Emotionally Unavailable Men
- 3 Lessons You Learn About Love If You’ve Ever Dated An “Ice Queen”
- What To Do When Anxiety Takes Over And You Can’t Think Clearly?
- How to Start Treating Depression & Find the Best Therapist for You
- 5 Reasons to Download Insight Timer Today
- How To Calm Down Your Anxiety Using Grounding Techniques
- How to Help your Kids Cope With the Coronavirus Pandemic
- 4 Quick Tips on How to Survive Quarantine as a Couple
Please contact Allison today to schedule your initial appointment at
407-622-1770 or [email protected]