The question many people ask: why would someone with a beautiful family risk his or her reputation for occasional sexual encounters? The answer is not as black and white as it may seem to most people. However, there are a few lessons we can all learn from celebrity “transgressions.”
One lesson is whether you are a celebrity or an ordinary person, you will eventually get discovered. Many people try hard to cover up their affairs, however, people get comfortable in their affair and they will eventually slip up and “create an opportunity” to be found out. Another thing that can be learned from discovery of celebrity affairs is to reexamine where your relationship is today to prevent future hurt and betrayal.
THESE ARE THE TOP RISKS FOR AN AFFAIR TO HAPPEN IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP:
1) YOU DO NOT FEEL YOUR SPOUSE UNDERSTANDS YOU.
2) THERE IS A LACK OF AFFECTION – SEXUAL AND NON-SEXUAL.
3) YOU FEEL EMOTIONALLY DISCONNECTED FROM YOUR SPOUSE.
4) YOU ARE MORE LIKE ROOMMATES, HAVE COMPLETELY SEPARATE LIVES.
5) YOU DISCUSS MARITAL CHALLENGES WITH SOMEONE OTHER THEN YOUR SPOUSE (IN PARTICULAR THE OPPOSITE SEX).
If you selected at least two of the five, you are at risk for an affair damaging your relationship. Many times we work very hard on maintaining our physical appearances or our positions in our jobs. How about maintaining your marriage? If you have discovered that your relationship is at risk, call a marriage counselor today.