Orlando Christian Counseling | Meet Scott Thigpen
Scott’s passion is to be used by God to guide others in the right direction knowing that His will leads to a life of fulfillment. For the past ten years, he has utilized his passion for challenging, motivating and inspiring others. Scott believes that people have it in them to bring about genuine, lasting change in their lives. He helps them see the things they cannot whether they are struggling with addictions or work challenges.
- Troubled Youth: Substance Use Struggles, Cutting, Depression, ADHD, Behavioral Issues
- Men’s Issues: Pornography, Anger Management, Addictions, Family Life Difficulties, Career challenges
- Christian Counseling: Helping Others Find God’s Design For Them
Credentials & Affiliations
Scott earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business from UCF and his Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology from Palm Beach Atlantic University. He is a Leadership Seminole Graduate of Class 21.
Scott’s experience stems from his tenure at The Grove Counseling Center where he began as an intern at The Grove Academy, a residential setting for youth with who struggle with substance abuse issues & addictions. Prior to completing graduate school he accepted a full-time clinical position and worked his way up to Program Director. Prior to stepping down from his director position, Scott helped the Grove to become the “Most Effective Organization in the Central Region for Children’s Substance Abuse Treatment”, according to the Department of Children and Families, February 2012.
He has been married to his wife, Alyssa, for over 10 years and they have three children together.
Certifications & Accrediations
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (MH 10864)
- Leadership Seminole Graduate of Class 21
- Southern Association of College Admissions Counseling (SACAC)
- National Association of College Admissions Counseling (NACAC)
What Scott Loves Most About Counseling
Scott loves to challenge, motivate and inspire others. “Life can be full of obstacles, setbacks, poor choices and bad habits. We’ve all been there at one time or another,” says Scott. He enjoys getting to know people and helping them get to a place where they want to be.
Three Words That Best Describe Scott
Humorous, personable and motivated.