How to tell if a A Mother Might Need Help for Postpartum Depression and Anxiety in Orlando.
1. She may feel anxious or panicky.
2. She has physical problems such as chest pain, racing heart, shortness of breath, dizziness, numbness in hands or feet, tingling sensations, nausea or upset tummy.
3. She has upsetting thoughts that she can’t get out of her mind.
4. She feels as if she is going crazy.
5. She feels sad or depressed.
6. She has problems eating or sleeping.
7. She feels like she should have never became a mother.
8. She is feeling more irritable or angry.
9. Feeling like she can’t cope with it all.
10. Worried she might hurt her baby or herself.
Help for Postpartum Depression and Anxiety in Orlando.
There is help and no woman has to suffer alone. Women can and do recover. Postpartum depression recovery rates are high and treatment outcomes are successful. Be an advocate for a mom and learn more about Postpartum Depression and educate those around you about the signs, symptoms, and myths.
If a mom is struggling with her emotions and fears hurting herself or her baby she needs immediate help, call (911) or take her to the nearest emergency room. Let her know you are willing to walk with her through this by being supportive and not judgmental.
Help talk to her doctor, find a counselor/therapist, and remind her she is not alone. By bringing awareness, education and support to the feelings of postpartum depression and anxiety, it will enhance and potentially save the lives of many moms that are struggling, as well as, their baby’s.
If you or someone you know has been struggling with depression, suicidal thoughts and needs help…. call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline. 1-800-273-8255 The hotline is a free and confidential network with more than 140 crisis center nationwide, available 24/7.
Take the postpartum anxiety depression questionaire. Take it to your doctor, therapist or health care provider. Edinburgh questionnaire.
Where Can I Get More Information, Counseling & Help for Postpartum Depression & Anxiety in Orlando?
Postpartum Depression and Anxiety Counseling Call 407-622-1770
Mother’s Matter Support Group, Winnie Palmer Hospital Orlando Florida 321.843.7034
Top Online Information for Postpartum Depression and Anxiety Help.
Postpartum Support International: Warm Line and Phone support for moms.