Partners of Sex Addicts Healing Weekend Intensive
Life Counseling Solutions offers a weekend healing intensive for the partners of sex addicts. This weekend intensive focuses on providing a safe and nurturing environment for partners who have experienced betrayal by their sex addict partner to begin their healing process. Participants are guided through a model of healing that includes guided narrative therapy (sharing), experiential therapy, psycho education, trauma, boundary, and grief work, all done in a group setting with other partners of sex addicts.
The partners healing intensive is not based on the co-addiction model of therapy for partners, but is based on a trauma model that centers on the participants healing from the hurtful aftermath the sex addict leaves in their wake. This experience is committed to safeguarding the partner of the sex addict from taking responsibility for or being in any way blamed for the sex addicts destructive and harmful behavior. Our focus is on supporting the partner in their healing process and equipping them for their journey through the devastation imposed on them by their sex addict partner.
Participants in the Partner’s Healing Intensive will:
- Share stories and receive affirmation that they are not alone in their experience
- Receive psycho-education that will clarify the partner’s decision about whether to stay with or leave their sex addict partner
- Participate in therapeutic trauma and grief work
- Learn strategies for setting boundaries with the sex addict in their lives
- Gain practical help in facing challenges unique to those in relationship with sex addict and specific to the needs of the group: ‘What do I tell the kids’?
- Receive equipping for life with or without the sex addict
- Gain a community of support and resources for the journey ahead
Recommendations to help prepare for the weekend intensive:
- Clear your schedule for the entire weekend.
- Prepare in such a way that you are able to participate in the intensive with no disruptions from the ‘outside world’.
- Block out Sunday evening for rest time, you will need it after going through the intensive.
- Partner’s Intensive will provide Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and will dismiss in time for you to have dinner on your own.
- Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable, casual clothing.
- Bring a tote with a journal to take notes, a pen, and anything else that will help you to feel comfortable.
- Be prepared to turn off cell phones during group work.
- Take time to meditate and/or pray prior to the intensive.
- Give your contacts the LCS phone number to connect with you in case of an emergency: 407-622-1770
- We have coordinated a social time on Saturday evening to be announced that weekend. Everyone is encouraged to participate, but it is not mandatory, and each person is responsible for their own check.
- Participants in the group are expected to be willing, to participate in each activity, and to cooperate with their therapists and group members so that everyone can have a positive experience.
A participant who the therapist considers to be disruptive, uncooperative, or who is refusing to participate in activities may be asked to leave without a refund.
Friday 9 am – Start Group work | Noon – 1:00 Lunch | Group work 5-6 pm
Saturday 9 am – Start Group work | Noon-1:00 Lunch | Group work 5-6 pm | 7 pm – Group Dinner Out
Sunday 9 am – Noon Group work
What’s the Investment?
Comparable programs can run between $1500-$5,000 or more per person. Life Counseling Solutions group programs for partners costs are below the national average for therapy groups. We offer discounts for early sign up and payment plans to make the programs affordable for you:
Investment: $1200 per participant
- $200 to reserve your place
- $100 off for early registration (3 weeks out from start date)
- $50 off for pay in full prior to the weekend
- Payment plan – $200 to reserve your place, $500 prior to or day of start, $500 within 30 days of completing the Intensive with a card on file.