Who needs Anger Management Counseling?
Has your anger ever taken you somewhere you regretted? Have you ever said something in your anger you wish you could take back? Have you ever hurt anyone as a reaction of your anger – physically or emotionally?
The likelihood we can identify with at least one of these is pretty high! Let’s fact it… Anger is a part of life. We all experience anger in our lives at some point. The question we need to ask ourselves is whether this has become a habit. It is important to know that we do have a choice when it comes to anger. What matters is HOW we deal with it.
What is Orlando Anger Management Counseling?
We provide anger management techniques that help you deal with your feelings of rage and resentment. You won’t be anger-free, but you will learn how to control your responses in a positive way.
What can I expect from Anger Management Counseling in Orlando?
Our counselors help you control anger by providing techniques that enable you to:
- Identify situations that are likely to set you off and respond in nonaggressive ways before you get mad
- Learn specific skills to use in situations likely to trigger your anger
- Recognize when you aren’t thinking logically about a situation, and correct your thinking
- Calm yourself down when you begin to feel upset
- Express your feelings and needs assertively (but not aggressively) in situations that make you feel angry
- Focus on problem solving in frustrating situations — instead of using energy to be angry, you’ll learn how to redirect your energy to resolve the situation
- Communicate effectively to defuse anger and resolve conflicts
How can I deal with my anger?
The next time you start to feel angry at someone, or something happens that causes a rage to build up inside you, try out these tips. You may be surprised at how effective they can be to help you manage your anger.
- Realize you are angry
- Take a deep breath
- Take a moment to think. There is value in the expression, “think before you act.” Ask yourself, “Is exploding really going to make this better?” What are my options? How else can I handle this?
- Go for a walk
- Take control over your anger. Change negative thoughts into positive thoughts. You may not be able to change the situation but you can certainly change how you are going to react to it.
Orlando Anger Management Therapy
We provide anger management counseling for residents of Orlando, Maitland, Winter Park, and throughout Central Florida.
If you’d like to learn more anger management techniques, contact us today to schedule a counseling session.
Call 407-622-1770 or email us at info@LifeCounselingSolutions.com